About this Event
Dia De Los Muertos is a day to honor those who passed before us. Come celebrate a tradition through fitness and friends!
Join us on November 6th for the 1st Annual Lubbock Dia De Los Muertos Memorial Run!
No matter the reason you are running or the person you are celebrating, we will be there to support you every step of the way.
HOW TO DECIDE WHICH RACE IS FOR YOU:
WHAT DO YOU GET FOR JOINING US?
- Is it your first-ever race? Sign up yourself (and an accountability buddy) for our one mile Fun Run. This is a great race to introduce kids to running, also! #allthefunwithoutalltherunning
- Is it your 5th race? Challenge yourself on our unique 5K course. 3.1 miles fun.
- Is it your 500th race? Experienced runners are welcome to show us the way and have a great time!
- Do you live in Afghanistan*, hate mornings, know this far in advance that you will be fighting a hangover (c'mon it is Tech v. Texas football weekend), enjoy running--but not the crowds, have a costume the world just isn't ready for? Our Virtual Race is the one for you!
A great opportunity to have a little competitive fun and a huge discount!
|5K (3.1 Miles)
$35 - Good through 10/14/2016
$35 - Late Online Registration 10/15/2016 through 11/4/2016
$40 - In person dayof registration
- Medals for all finishers! (You can run, jog, walk, and/or push a stroller.)
- 5K awards for top male/female Overall, Masters and Age group finishers.
- A fantastic pint glass to share a drink of choice with your friends. (Beverage not included.)
- An amazing tube bandana
- Swag bag of goodies
$25 - Late Online Registration 10/15/2016 through 11/4/2016
$25 - Day of Registration
- Medals for all finishers!
- An amazing tube bandana
- Swag bag of goodies
$20 - Can only register online through 11/4/2016
Medals for all finishers! #honorsystem
An amazing tube bandana.
Swag bag of goodies.
Run it when and where you want! #maxintrovert #remoterunning
Are all the speedsters on another team? Is your 5k time measured with a calendar? Don't worry, teams will be winning based on best costume! Judges will be analyzing your style based on passion, theme, creativity, and team fashion cohesion. Not a fashionista? Don't worry, you will still get the discount.
Sign up four people for your team and the 5th will get a free entry! Use those big savings for whatever you like, we recommend increasing that costume design budget ( Or post-race party supplies )! Get your team together and once you have four confirmed entries, email us for your special discount code. firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: TEAMS - Team name
So you absolutely do not want to run, but would love to make our race possible? YES! SI SE PUEDE! We love volunteers! Send us an email and we will get you situated, pronto!
Subject line: Volunteer!
Race Day Info :
Parking, Start Times, Rules for leashed iguanas and Racing baboons, etc--COMING SOON!
Packet Pickup :
When: Saturday November 5th
11AM - 5PM
4206 19th St
Lubbock, Texas 79407
Thank you Foot Tech! Show them some love DDLM's!
Course Map :
Currently being painstakingly assembled from toothpicks and bubblegum by Byzantine monks in the dark. ETA: Soon
- What is the weather doesn't cooperate? This event is rain/snow/haboob or shine.
- Am I allowed to push my child in my stroller? Yes! We ask that all participants pushing a stroller start towards the back.
- Can I dress up? Absolutely! We encourage costumes, especially ones that fit the theme! Maybe there will be a prize for the best costume.
- Can I bring my dog? We are waiting to hear back from the city on this one. As soon as we know the official answer, we will get back to you.
- Do I need to bring my own water? We will have one water stop at the halfway point for the 5K participants. There will be no hydration station for the 1 mile fun run.
- This is my first ever race. Do you recommend any programs that can help me train for the 5K? Yes! We are a bad influence for good health. Check out any Couch to 5K (C25K) program out there.
- I signed up for the race, but I am injured and can't make it. Can I get a refund? Unfortunately, refunds are not permitted. It takes a whole lot of prep work and money to prepare for a race, so we are unable to offer refunds.
- I am military and would love to run this race. Do you offer a discount? Yes, thank you for your service! Please send us an email with your credentials and we will get you set up.
- I am a vendor and would love to set up a booth and/or include information in the Swag bag. HOORAY!! We love sponsors and vendors! Please send us an email and we will get you set up.
- I don't really know was Dia de los Muertos is, but I want to learn more and participate. Excellent! We welcome you to learn more about tradition. You can read more about it on Wikipedia or watch the cartoon The Book of Life to have a rudimentary primer on the subject.
- Will you have a place for me to honor my loved one? Yes! We will have a large altar where we encourage you to bring a photo of your loved one that you want to memorialize. You are welcome to bring poems, stories, flowers, and other ofrendas/offerings.
- Do you have a Facebook page? Yes, we do! Give us a like and check the page for a promo code and other giveaways! http://www.facebook.com/diadelosmuertosTexas/